Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Look, I'm Blushing!

Hello Lovelies! I hope everyone is enjoying the warm spring weather and a post spring break TAN!! I think that blush is one of the most important components of face makeup, so I decided that I should share a little info about the process...

First, when choosing a blush, a good rule of thumb is to pick a tone that matches the color of your cheeks after you exercise. This will be natural and give your face a nice pop of color. Swirl a clean blush brush in the compact and tap the handle against your wrist to shake off excess product. Smile, and start applying the color to the apples of your cheeks, then suck in your cheeks (make a fish face) and make brush strokes, spreading the blush up the cheek bone towards your temples. Go back over the blush line, making small, quick strokes downward to blend the product and avoid that 80's cheek-stripe look. Make sure that the brightest spot of color is on the apples of your cheeks.
After applying my blush color, I use a second brush with Lancome's blush in Miel Glace, which is a light, high-lighting color with a slight shimmer. I apply just one little swipe to each temple. This will help to brighten up your face! Also, if I am at the beach and have a lot of natural color on my face- I will only dust some of the high lighter color on my cheeks and temples to really enhance the natural glow.

Make sure that any liquid products you are using (moisturizer, self-tanner, foundation, etc.) are dry before you apply your blush, or any other powder medium, to prevent streaking or uneven application!
Happy Blushing and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I need some more orangey blush. I am such a fan.

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
    twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete