- Back on the blog again!
I am such a huge scent person... I love perfume. I am a little bit all-over-the-place though, and this bugs me. Ever since I can remember, my mom has always worn Eau de Soire by Sisley, and I love that she has this signature scent. Her clothes, her bath robe, her pillows- everything has this light, lingering aura of "mom". In an effort to find my own scent, I have test driven quite a few. My preferences change depending on my mood, the time of the day, the occasion and especially the weather. Okay, so in no particular order, although I do like some more than others, I have decided to list some of my favs. Before that I would just like to hit a few points about the technique and etiquette of wearing...
- Note, that over-wearing a scent can be offensive, so always think less is best.
- It is better to find a light scent for hot weather.
- I recommend a day time scent and a night time scent... some tones are a bit more sexy than others.
- Always try the testers before purchasing because perfumes wear differently on every single person depending on natural scents, body oils, etc. Your best friends perfume will not smell the same on you as it does on her.
- Once, you have found your favorite, keep a sample size in your purse for those quick-fix emergency situations.
- Against popular instruction to apply on the wrists and neck- I would advise elsewhere. The wrist area comes off easily because you wash your hands throughout the day, so instead, I suggest the inner crease of your elbows. And, direct spritzes to sides of neck can be detrimental to the skin because the alcohol in the perfume and sun light can burn the pigment in your skin over time. Instead, try an over head spray and walk through the mist.
So here are some of my favorites, and again, these are in no particular order.
This makes for a great light, summery scent or with the diffuser for your bedroom.
IF by Apothia
ARMANI Code by Armani
great sexy, evening scent
Sandalwood Cologne by Art of Shaving
Heavy and masculine. I love this on a man.
BATH by Bobbi Brown
Literally smells as if you just stepped out of the bath... so fresh!
Hamptons by Bond No. 9
Classic, sophisticated scent.
CHANCE by Chanel
This twist on the classic is fun and girly, great for the day time.
Millesime Imperial by CREED
It just that. Very regal and glorious
Silver Mountain Water by CREED
A classic, cool scent. It's a really dimensional scent.
the one by Dolce & Gabbana
Sweet and luxurious. this is so enticing for evenings.
La Prairie Midnight Rain
Less is best because it is very sweet.
For Her by Narciso Rodriguez
One of my all time favorites. This has a lingering musk hue that is so memorable.
Grace by Philosophy
This is perfect for hot summer days... light and demure.
Stella by Stella McCartney
Her signature scent. Wears perfectly from day to night.
9 by Trish McEvoy
Sweet and fruity. Looks beautiful on the bathroom counter.
Enjoy the blog, and please feel free to comment and share some of your favorites!